POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Tierra (LOTW) : Re: Tierra (LOTW) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tierra (LOTW)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Jun 2004 07:17:22
Message: <40dffe42$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Well, that is a problem for the artistically challenged like me ;-)

   For the next version I will create some demo scenes with different
kind of landscapes, it must help to get your own setup more quickly, by
comparision.

> thank you very much for making it available!

   I only ask you to not publically say what you are surely going to
think of me when reading my code... :)

> Still, in the end, I care more about optimising the isosurface code (also I
> might as well tweak parsing speed first), so I do not "care" that much about
> the image itself.

   All the optimising I know of is "keep the max_gradient low" and "use
simple functions"... :(

 > Effectively, once I find time for such experiments, after
> rendering the same image twenty times or more, I cannot stand it any more
> anyway.  Thus, easily creating variations for the next twenty tests will
> indeed be useful :-)

   I'm just borrowing from Nathan code the idea of a general seed that
governs the rest of the seeds, so it will be easier to get random
landscapes on each try.

--
Jaime